The big show is only a few weeks away.
Everything is falling into place. Lots of vendor tables booked. Lots of support from clubs and shops across the region. Lots of buzz within the local model-building community.
As discussed at our August meeting, it will be “all hands on deck” for the show on Saturday, Sept. 22nd.
- 7:00 am – Setup of the vendor and model viewing areas.
- 8:00 am – Vendors arrive. Club members help with unloading.
- 10:00 am – Doors open for Visitors, Contest Entry, Vendor Sales, Raffle Ticket Sales.
- 12:00 am – Start of raffle draws.
- 12:30 am – Judges meeting.
- 1:00 pm – Start of Judging. (Model viewing area closed.)
- 3:00 pm – Award Presentations.
- 4:00 pm – Vendor Sales end.
Thanks to everyone who volunteered for specific activities during the day – Admissions, Contest Entries, Judging, Raffle Table, Club Table, Media, etc.
There were a wide variety of interesting subjects on the Show and Tell tables as you’ll see in the photos. Congratulations to Duncan MacIntosh on his award-winning builds from the IPMS/USA Nationals in Phoenix. Thanks to Jeff Hodgins for sharing his experiences at the ELTA Summer Bash and Big Go Drags.
Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 26th, from 7 to 9 pm, at Beacock Public Library, 1280 Huron St., London, Ontario, N5Y4M2. We’ll do a post-mortem of the big show and make some decisions about our next Expo. Parking is available at the branch. Overflow parking is available at the Salvation Army next door. (Map)