Mike Hill was the guest presenter at our May meeting. Vacform kits of aircraft are Mike’s passion. He showed us the difference between this classic format and injection moulded kits. He demonstrated the tools and methods for turning a sheet of parts into a finished model. There was a gasp from the crowd when he broke out the 60 grit sandpaper!
Mike provided the following references for anyone interested in this fascinating area of the hobby.
- Building Vacform Kits: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/vacformbg_1.htm
- Focus on Vacforms: https://rareplanes.jimdo.com/
- Sanger Model Airplane Kits: https://www.sangereng.co.uk/home_page.htm
- Vacuform/Resin Kit Builders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/695711033832473/
- Welsh Models: http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/
There were a wide variety of interesting subjects on the Show and Tell tables as you’ll see in the photos. Congratulations to Dave Durette for completing his 2018 One-Year-Build! Thanks to Jeff Hodgins for bringing in a few examples from his Jacob Wilson collection.
Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 20th, from 7 to 9 pm, at Beacock Public Library, 1280 Huron St., London, Ontario, N5Y4M2.